About the Program
The ICS Music Program aims to provide opportunities for all students to learn, create, and experience all aspects of music. We currently offer 5 musical ensembles that meet before, during, and after school. These ensembles are the Concert Band, Jazz Band, High School Orchestra, Middle School Orchestra, and Choir.
The ICS Music Ensembles perform multiple concerts each year and play at the ICS graduation. The ensembles also participate in the LWSD and Northlake Region music festivals. In addition, students in an ensemble can also participate in All-State and solo/ensemble competitions, as well as LWSD honor ensembles.
To register for one of our ensembles, please follow the link to our online registration forms below: Registration is closed for 2019-2020. Check back in September to register for 2020-2021.
- My student does not play an instrument but would like to learn. Can they join band or orchestra with no experience playing an instrument?
- My student plays piano. What ensemble can they join?
- Can I join more than one music ensemble and receive academic credit for it?
- Does ICS provide students with instruments?
- Where can students store their instruments during the day?
- Where do the music ensembles rehearse?
- Is there a fee to join?
- My student is not in an ensemble at ICS. Can they still participate in the Lake Washington School District/Northlake Region Solo & Ensemble Festivals and WMEA All-State?
- Can a student earn academic credit in a music ensemble at ICS?