About the program
The ICS Music Program provides opportunities for all students to learn, create, and experience all aspects of music. For the 2023-2024 school year we will be offering 5 music ensembles: Middle School Concert Band, Middle School Orchestra, High School Symphony Ensemble, Choir, and Jazz Band.
The ICS Music Ensembles perform multiple concerts each year and play at the ICS graduation. The ensembles also participate in the LWSD and Northlake Region music festivals. In addition, students in an ensemble can also participate in All-State and solo/ensemble competitions, as well as LWSD honor ensembles.
Curious to see us in action? Check out our virtual music concert from the 2020-2021 school year by clicking here.
If you are an incoming 6th grader for the 2023-24 school year and would like to register for an ensemble, please follow the correct links below:
If you are interested in signing up to audition for our Jazz Band, please follow the link below.
Registration for 2023-2024 music classes for students in grades 7 through 12 took place during the normal registration process in February of 2023. Please take note of the following music pathways for middle and high school students:
Middle school music options:
In place of their grade-level elective class offering, middle school students in grades 6, 7, and 8 may instead choose to take Concert Band, Orchestra, or Choir.
High school music options:
High school students in grades 9 through 12 may choose to take a music class to cover their Fine Arts credit requirements or take music as an elective. High school music ensemble options include Symphony Ensemble (a combination of Concert Band and Orchestra students) and Choir.
Special note about Jazz Band:
Jazz band auditions and registration take place at the beginning of the school year. Please follow the link above to sign up for an audition. Students will be emailed information about the audition process in September after you sign up.
- My student does not play an instrument but would like to learn. Can they join band or orchestra with no experience playing an instrument?
- My student plays piano. What ensemble can they join?
- Can I join more than one music ensemble and receive academic credit for it?
- Does ICS provide students with instruments?
- Where can students store their instruments during the day?
- Where do the music ensembles rehearse?
- Is there a fee to join?
- My student is not in an ensemble at ICS. Can they still participate in the Lake Washington School District/Northlake Region Solo & Ensemble Festivals and WMEA All-State?
- Can a student earn academic credit in a music ensemble at ICS?