Project LIT is a different kind of book club for ICS Students with a focus on diversity, bias, and other relevant social issues. The books are amazing reads in themselves--I can't wait to talk about them with you!
How to be part of the project:
- Review the Project LIT books in the Library Catalog. Under the catalog tab, select Resource Lists on the Left and then Project LIT. If you are logged on to the catalog, you can put a book on hold from there. SORA also has many of the Project LIT titles.
- Read the book
- Be prepared to share with the group about this book on discussion day.
After that, if you want to read books other members shared, it’s up to the group. If you want to trade the books you received and continue meeting and discussing, Mrs. P will provide virtual meeting time and guidance. You can add other members at this time if you choose.
6th Grade: May 25 during Phoenix Time
7th & 8th Grade: May 26 at Lunch (look for an invite in your inbox)
High School: June date TBA
If you finished your book and want to try another, use link to the ICS Catalog at left to review all the Project LIT books and put it on hold. SORA has may of the titles as well!
What we talk about in Project Lit Book Group meetings:
- Give a summary of the book--no spoilers
- Tell what you learned about the character's experience, especially with issues of cultural differences and/or bias
- Discuss how issues in the book are relevant to teens today
It's going to be a great year! Can't wait to get started! Questions? Email Mrs. Peterson!