Project LIT is a different kind of book club for ICS High School students with a focus on diversity, bias, and other relevant social issues. The books are amazing reads in themselves--I can't wait to talk about them with you!
How to be part of the project:
- Review the available books (here's the link) and apply to be part of the first round of Project LIT
- If you are selected, you get a copy of the book to keep!
- Read the book by December 3, 2020
- Be prepared to share with the group about this book (Mrs. P will lead 1st discussion) on discussion day.
After that, if you want to read books other members shared, it’s up to the group. If you want to trade the books you received and continue meeting and discussing, Mrs. P will provide virtual meeting time and guidance. You can add other members at this time if you choose.
Second round of applications and groups will begin in December.
First Discussion Group meets on December 3!
If you finished your book and want to try another, use the link at left to review the books and then contact Mrs. Peterson to get a copy.
What we talk about in Project Lit Book Group meetings:
- Give a summary of the book--no spoilers
- Tell what you learned about the character's experience, especially with issues of cultural differences and/or bias
- Discuss how issues in the book are relevant to young adults in 2020-21
It's going to be a great year! Can't wait to get started! Questions? Email Mrs. Peterson!